Provide input, oversight, and guidance for networking and telecommunications services to advance the mission of the University of Texas.
Committee responsibilities include:
- Strategic Direction
- Recommend broad goals and objectives for network and telecommunications. Review, update and report on outcomes to ITLC biennially.
- Evaluate strategic risks.
- Identify and recommend common good services.
- Identify fee-based services (keeping in mind the 80/20 approach).
- Evaluate Performance and Service
- Define SMART (Specific Measurable Actionable Responsive and Timely) KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and Metrics to ensure services in alignment with the strategic goals. Review and report to ITLC yearly.
- Participate in biennial review of the Network Operations Manual.
- Endorsement by ITLC.
- Identify issues and topics, acting as a forum for those and other referred items from the ITLC.
- Solicit feedback from the IT and broader university community on services, topics and issues (e.g. open meetings, focus groups, surveys, presentations).
- Organize, publish and disseminate committee decisions and recommendations.
- Form working groups as necessary to accomplish charge.
At least seven members representing CSUs, ITS Networking, ISO, and campus research units.
Networking Committee Officers
|William Green||Director of Networking and Telecommunications||ITS Networking and Telecommunicationsemail@example.com|
|James Lewis||Director of LAITS Computer Support||College of Liberal Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Networking Committee Members
|Ryan Baldwin||Director of Information Technology||Educationemail@example.com|
|Andrea Daugherty||Director of Enterprise IT Security and Resiliency||Dell Medical Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mathew Davidson||Information Technology Manager||College of Natural Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Jason Ragland||Senior Network Security Analyst||Information Security Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nathan Selman||Assistant Director||Cockrell School of Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Shannon Strank||Assistant Director||Center for Electromechanicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|